30 Days of Gratitude – Day 5
Today I am grateful…:
1. I woke up feeling very hungry. I am grateful that organic, whole foods are readily available and that chronic hunger is not my daily experience.
2. that my son is healthy and has access to clean water, sanitation, health care and education with no struggle on my part. I feel for the mamas and papas who must raise their children in refugee camps or in the midst of war.
3. for forests and trees. Specifically redwood forests. Thank you redwood folk for holding onto the pre-industrial memories and providing a haven on the far northern coast.
4. I am still grateful for my job. I really love Om Shala Yoga.
5. that in a few days I will be immersed in the fun of a Kids’ Yoga Teacher Training with Jodi Komitor & Next Generation Yoga.
6. that my best friend Giselle Rezai found love with a guy that is everything I want for her and she is happily planning her wedding.
7. that I live one block form the Arcata Marsh. It’s inspiring that what once was a large landfill dubbed “Mt. Trashmore” is now a sanctuary and marshland for hundreds of bird species along the Pacific Flyway.
8. for peacemakers and visionaries and their willingness to travel a hard road against the current to create positive change.
9. for the classmates who came over last night for a study group and dinner and washed all my dishes before they left.
10. Allison Pals & Amy Day. These women (and new friends) really made my heart smile this week. Thank you.